Last Post: Leroy
10-22-2018 12:33 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 287

MOD FORM

Steam Name: Mast3rChi3f347

In game name: Mast3rChi3f347

Steam ID (you can find it here- http://steamidfinder.com): STEAM_0:0:176266501

What is your timezone and the days you are available: east time zone, 4 times a weeks 5pm and later 

Time on the server: 15 hours/ as of right now 

What are your advantages? communication is good, my teamwork skills are good

What are your disadvantages? Not as of right now 

Do you have a mic? yes, most of the time

Why you would like to be a Mod on Vortex Gaming.(50 words or more): I would love to help the community and stop players from breaking rules. I do see people breaking rules breaking rules but sometimes staff isnt on. Or they are really busy.

What is more important the "Administrators" or the "players"? Explain why? they both are equally important because without them people wouldnt be playing today on this server. and plus without staff people would go crazy on the server and crash it.

Have you applied for moderator on Vortex before? No but would love to be one to help them out

What is your favorite part of the server? The people of the server because they make it fun!

Do you understand the responsibility of being a staff member? If so explain..(50 words or more): Yes, because if you where not following the rules of being a staff and messing around people wouldnt like you and want you gone, so its good to follow all rules 

Rate your communication skills from a scale of 1 to 10 and explain why you gave yourself that number: 5 because I to listen well and follow rules, and love to make people happy 

Do you have experience with staff work if so list the server name and the rank you have(Can be a different game as well): No

Have you ever been banned from a server? if so, why: No

Staff Test - Part A ( Use Staff Punishment Guide )
Below you will be given a problem you will enter what punishment or ban time would be done for each:

RDMx1: Warn and slay
RDMx2:  Kick
RDMx3: Day ban
Mass RDM (4 or more): 2 week ban

RDAx1: Warn and slay
RDAx2: Kick
RDAx3: Day ban
Mass RDA (4 or more): 2 week ban

NLRx1: Warn and slay
NLRx2: Kick
NLRx3: 1 hour ban
NLR (4 or more): 1 day ban

Chat Spamx1: warn
Chat Spamx2: gag
Chat Spamx3: kick
Chat Spam (4 or more): 1 day ban

Flaming in chatx1: warn
Flaming in chatx2: gag
Flaming in chatx3: kick
Flaming in chat (4 or more): ban 1 hour

Disrespectx1: WARN
Disrespectx2: KICK
Disrespectx3: 1 hour ban
Disrespect (4 or more): 1 or 2 Day ban

Trollingx1: warn
Trollingx2: kick
Trollingx3: 1 day ban
Trolling (4 or more): 1 week

Trolling (4 or more):
Staff Test- Part B
Below you will be given a situation so you will put done what you would do.

You suspect someone of fading door abusing how would you find out: I would Spectate or go look to see and watch them during a raid

Logs are not working someone has RDMed list 2 alternatives to find this out: Witnesses, Logs

You suspect a staff member of abusing how would you find out: Spectate them also report them to the higher ups so they know!

You suspect a hacker how would you find out: Go investgate or spectate

You suspect a DDOS what should you do: Tell Leroy the owner?

How would you respond to a mass RDM: Jail or you could freeze them and then ban them

How would you respond to a mass RDA: Jailor you could freeze them and then ban them

Player(s) are using one way props- Talk to them about it and tell them that its not allowed

If a prop is blocking an entry or exit without a keypad what would you do- tell the owner of the prop either they need a keypad or they need to remove it

If you find random weapons around the map (Not in or near owned bases): take them or get rid of them

Player(s) not following job rules- tell them what there job is about and how to rp it and warn them if they dont listen

Player(s) not following NLR rule- Warn them and also tell them they cant come back or its NLR

Player(s) killing in spawn- Talk to them and tell them that its not allowed and if they keep doing it kick them and if they come back and do it again ban them for a mass rdm or rdm 

Fading door abusers- Talk to them and say they have to use keypads if not warn them for not following rp 

Say you suspect a player of fading door abusing. How would you find out if this is true- Cloak and watch or go look to see or spectate 

A staff member is in a RP class and afk with god mode enabled what would do and or who would you inform- Talk to them and say they are in god mode and if they dont get out you will report them to staff/ higher ups 

You suspect a player of hacking, what do you do and who do you inform- Spectatethe player tell the owner of it, leroy 

Being as applications are currently closed I will be locking this thread until you and I can discuss your moderator application, Once that is done I will reopen or keep the thread locked depending on how it goes. Join the discord and we can talk about the potential of your application

(10-21-2018, 03:10 AM)Leroy Clemente Wrote: Being as applications are currently closed I will be locking this thread until you and I can discuss your moderator application, Once that is done I will reopen or keep the thread locked depending on how it goes. Join the discord and we can talk about the potential of your application

Reopened, Your application may now take Votes. Thank you for contacting me about your application

I feel as exceptions [Since forums are closed] should only given rarely. We are still accepting staff at a fast rate and this needs to slow down. Now that is out of the way i'll get to the application-

You should have reviewed your application to see if it makes sense.

-Ex.1 "Logs are not working someone has RDMed list 2 alternatives to find this out: Witnesses, Logs"
How are you going to use logs when logs are down?

-Ex.2 A staff member is in a RP class and afk with god mode enabled what would do and or who would you inform- Talk to them and say they are in god mode and if they don't get out you will report them to staff/ higher ups
How are you going to talk to them if they are AFK? If they are in god mode in a RP class to begin with unless they are in a sit, should go directly to any higher up.

Do you understand the responsibility of being a staff member? If so explain..(50 words or more): Yes, because if you where not following the rules of being a staff and messing around people wouldnt like you and want you gone, so its good to follow all rules
Not 50 words.

Rate your communication skills from a scale of 1 to 10 and explain why you gave yourself that number: 5 because I to listen well and follow rules, and love to make people happy
How does this show that your communication skills are a 5? This should be higher in my opinion if you want to be staff because this is really important.

I just feel this is a rushed application because it has countless errors. Sorry if I looked at every little problem. I just believe something needs to change about our staff team. Currently a lot of our staff team is inactive and does not seem to care about the server. Some of them are active, but just aren't fit for staff. Our staff team represents our server and I don't want a bunch of inactive or "bad" staff in that position.

(10-21-2018, 05:05 AM)UndefeatedBeast Wrote: -1

I feel as exceptions [Since forums are closed] should only given rarely.   We are still accepting staff at a fast rate and this needs to slow down.  Now that is out of the way i'll get to the application-

You should have reviewed your application to see if it makes sense.

-Ex.1  "Logs are not working someone has RDMed list 2 alternatives to find this out: Witnesses, Logs"
How are you going to use logs when logs are down?

-Ex.2  A staff member is in a RP class and afk with god mode enabled what would do and or who would you inform- Talk to them and say they are in god mode and if they don't get out you will report them to staff/ higher ups
How are you going to talk to them if they are AFK?  If they are in god mode in a RP class to begin with unless they are in a sit, should go directly to any higher up.

Not 50 words.

How does this show that your communication skills are a 5? This should be higher in my opinion if you want to be staff because this is really important.

I just feel this is a rushed application because it has countless errors.  Sorry if I looked at every little problem.  I just believe something needs to change about our staff team.  Currently a lot of our staff team is inactive and does not seem to care about the server.  Some of them are active, but just aren't fit for staff.  Our staff team represents our server and I don't want a bunch of inactive or "bad" staff in that position.

Hello 
UndefeatedBeast

I have realized that i have made a few mistakes on this form, I did give my self a 5 because I am fairly new to this server as you can see from how long i have been on. 

Yes I do understand that it wasn't 50 words I just simplified it, my bad sorry about that. 

Now for the logs I do record most of the time when im playing on the server so i can post the feed of the killing on the top right as evidence of my case

Thank you for telling me that about talking to the AFK person that was a mistake  and yes you are right I would talk to a higher up unless in a sit.  

Please understand that I am trying my hardest to become a friend of this community and help as much as I can, and becoming a mod would really be much appreciated. 

Sorry for the mishaps in the form but please understand i am trying. 

+1

I don't care what you guys say, you need more staff. This guy seems quite qualified, and seems to have a dedication to the server.